Many people tout the benefits of completing their long-distance move during the peak moving season, which is May through September. It’s true that relocating during warmer weather or when your kids are out of school is tempting, but there is much to be said for hiring a long-distance moving company during the off-season.
There are also the downsides of a peak-season move to consider, such as it may be impossible to book the top-rated Alaska cross-country movers. Since so many people make their moves during that time of year, nationwide movers quickly become fully booked—and that could leave you having to settle for a moving and storage company that is not your first choice.
If it’s possible for you to complete your long-distance relocation during the off-season, consider the many benefits you can enjoy, such as:
- Dates that Work for You: Because of the full calendars during peak season, you may find some nationwide moving companies have limited dates available. That means you’ll have to pick whatever date they have rather than a date that works best for you. When you opt for an off-season move, you’ll likely find much more flexibility in the dates.
- No Delivery Delays: When a long-distance moving company is fully booked, it’s much more likely that they may experience delays. Fewer jobs during the off-season mean less of a chance your shipment will be delayed.
- Special Pricing Offers: Some nationwide moving companies offer discounted prices and other special offers during the off-season, so you can save on the cost of your relocation.
You may also find other perks to moving during the off-season, including lower real estate or rental prices in the city to which you’re moving.
Choosing the Right Alaska Long-Distance Movers
Whether you move in winter, spring, summer, or fall, choosing the right nationwide moving company is a must in order to enjoy a hassle-free relocation.
Since 1983, Allied Alaska has provided exceptional moving services, and we’ve managed to stand out from the competition in all the right ways. Our full-service, cross-country moving company is the largest in the state.
Our Alaska long-distance movers go the extra mile on every job to deliver an outstanding experience. This commitment to quality has earned us the Women’s Choice Award from 2015-2022 and helped us maintain a long-standing A+ rating with the BBB.
Whether you’re moving within in the state or to the other side of the country, we’ll provide the services you need, including:
- Full-Service Packing
- Custom Crating for Fragile Items
- Vehicle Shipping
- Piano Moving
- Moving Supplies Sales
- Short-Term and Long-Term Storage
- Third-Party Services
- And More!
Call Allied Alaska today to learn more about our nationwide moving services, or fill out our online contact form now to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and accurate cost estimate with our residential movers in Alaska.